Government Tax Accounts for small business BC

Government accounts for BC taxes - GST/HST, Payroll, WCB and Import/Export

Your Sole Proprietorship or Partnership may be required to have the following Tax Accounts registered with the BC Government:

GST/HST Number
BC HST (previously BC GST)

If you are engaged in commercial activities in Canada and have worldwide, taxable sales of more than $30,000 over any four or fewer consecutive calendar quarters must register for and collect the Harmonized Sales Tax (HST).

Payroll Number
BC Payroll

A payroll account is an account number assigned to either an employer or a payer of amounts related to employment to identify them when dealing with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).

Import/Export Number

If you are engaged in import or export of goods into or from Canada you have to apply for an Import/Export Number.

WCB Number

Most employers are required by law to register their business/firm with Work Safe BC and pay premiums. Registration of employers is legislated by the Workers Compensation Act.

Our Business Registration Packages includes a comprehensive list of services required to start a business in Ontario. These same options can then be selected in the Application Forms for Sole Proprietorship, Partnership and Trade Name registration.


Government Tax Accounts Registration Rates *
GST/HST Account Registration $ 39.95
Payroll Account Registration $ 35.00
Import/Export Account Registration $ 35.00
WCB Registration $ 50.00

* Taxes and disbursements are extra, where applicable.


Register a Sole Proprietorship

Register a Partnership

Register a Trade Name

To ensure complete security of your information you will be directed to our secure website for submitting your application.